Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cervelo!!!

Per my PT's request, I ran 45 minutes this morning.  But what I was really looking forward to was my inaugural ride on the new steed.  I met up with a lady who often ride with the Lifetime Cycle Club and a friend of hers.  The original plan was just to ride up the bike trail and back for a total of about 50 miles.  Soon after we started, though, I realized that I'm definitely going to need a new seat.  So I suggested we head up to Lebanon via that trail instead, so I could maybe even buy a new saddle today.

On the way up the big Fujitec hill, however, my bike started squeaking very loudly.  I walked up the rest of the way, then figured out that the rear wheel was rubbing somewhere, which was causing the terrible noise (and making my pedaling a LOT harder!).  Yes, VERY glad we were making our way to Wheelie Fun.  We got there a little after 9:00, and they didn't open till 10:00, but the owner/manager guy who sold me the bike was there and let us in.  He saw right away that the wheel was rubbing on the frame, and he fixed it right up.  Whew!  We left him to work, but planned to come back when they actually opened to do a little shopping.

As we continued, one of the other ladies got a flat.  We pulled over in someone's front yard and started changing it under the shade of their tree.  Fortunately, she had a spare tube and I had my small pump and a CO2 cartridge and adapter, so we were fine.  By then, though, it was getting late, so we just headed back to Wheelie Fun.  That lady bought some tire-changing tools and supplies, the other lady decided to buy a new road bike (!), and I perused the various saddles they had.  Really, though, I couldn't just pick one without testing it out, and I didn't have the time to really make any decisions at that point.  So I figured I'd come back later to borrow a saddle or two to try them out and make a decision.

Anyway, with all of that, we only ended up riding about 38 miles, and didn't get back to Loveland till after noon.  So, I didn't have time to swim, too, since we have to leave at 3:00 to get to Columbus for the Crew game.  Ah, well.  At least I got to ride my new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment