Sunday, June 12, 2011

Almost Perfect :-)

After church, we took a 3-hour nap, and I wasn't really feeling very motivated to ride after that.  It was a gorgeous afternoon, but I didn't have anyone to ride with, I was still sort of sleepy, and I kind of just wanted to stay home and do nothing.  But finally I was able to convince the Hubs to come with me to the bike trail.  He could run a bit, then read his book for school till I was done.  So off we went!

We got to the train a little after 6:00, and noticed that the park there was really crowded.  Apparently, there was some sort of concert going on.  The weather was perfect, and I was able to get through the most congested portion of the trail without too much difficulty.  I had an hour-and-40-minutes to ride, so I decided to see how far I could get in my 50 minutes out before turning around.  I averaged 17.2 on the way out and got 15 miles before I had to turn back.  By the time I got back to the car, my average mph said 17.6, so I guess I averaged 18 mph on the return trip.  Not too shabby, especially considering all the intersection and pedestrian slow-downs!  Still, if I only average 17.5 in my IM, it'll take me almost 6.5 hours...  I wonder what kind of speeds I'll be able to maintain over that long distance, and I wonder how much of an advantage a new carbon tri bike would give me?

Anyway, glad I got my ride in, even though I was lacking motivation.  And actually, it ended up being a pretty good workout considering I got 30 miles done in 1:40 and it probably would have taken more than 2 hours to ride the 35-mile route I was supposed to lead on Saturday.

Overall this week, I managed to do almost everything I was supposed to do, almost on schedule, and almost exactly as planned.  VERY excited about the success of this week, and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can do the same thing next week even though I'm working 38 hours...  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment