Friday, June 10, 2011

Stupid

First, I was stupid to stay up so late last night.  So after the Hubs left for work, I went back to bed for an hour.  But then, I stupidly wasted time when I did  get up, so that I ran out of time to run before a meeting I had to get to at 11:30.  Stupid, because then I had to run for an hour-and-a-half in the 90-degree, 100% humidity afternoon.  I went to the bike trail because it's flat and tree-covered, but it started raining on the way.  It was just a light rain, though, and since I didn't have any more time to put off my workouts, I just had to get started.  I ran 4 miles, without walking, up the trail.  I was curious to see how it would go without walk breaks.  I felt o.k. for the most part, but did start getting hungry about 2 miles in.  By the time I turned around, I was starving, and stupidly, I hadn't brought any fuel with me.  I went back to my 3-and-1 run/walk routine, and drank all the water I had, but I was still feeling famished and a little dizzy at times.  Still, I survived.  I downed a bunch of water and the food I'd packed and left in my car, then tried to gather some energy to head to the gym for my swim.

Didn't I just say yesterday how much better it is for me to space my workouts out?  Well, stupidly, I didn't do that today.  Time was running out, so it was straight to the pool for me.  I felt tired from the moment I got in, but mostly I just noticed how sore my upper body was from lifting yesterday.  Still, somewhat surprisingly, I swam my 2 miles in the normal 1:15.  Unfortunately, I hadn't put sunscreen on my back, and I'm pretty red now.  Stupid.  I put a little on my face to avoid the between-the-swim-cap-and-goggles tan lines, but skipped my back.  Why am I always so stupid when it comes to the sun?!?  Oh, well.  It's not really that bad.  For my workout, I did a quick warm-up (200 each: swim, pull, kick), then did a decreasing ladder of 1 x 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, and 4 x 100, before an easy 200 cool-down.

And now, my right heel hurts pretty bad, my old plantar fasciitis making a reappearance.  So, I'm realizing how stupid it was to try to run those first 4 miles straight through...  Have I learned nothing from all my past running injuries?  *sigh*  Stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment