Saturday, June 18, 2011

Miserable

I definitely wasn't feeling 100% this morning, but at least my nose wasn't running AS incessantly.  Which is good, 'cause I had to go lead a ride for my Cycle Club.  Of course, it was also raining when I woke up, so I debated whether to even take my bike since I assumed no one would show up and I would just end up going to the gym for a spin class or two, and/or some more strength training.

I decided to take the bike, just in case, and sure enough there were two other members waiting at the park to ride, even though it was raining.  They said I didn't have to come, but I felt like I should since I was supposed to be "leading" the ride.  We did change the planned route, though, so we would never be too far from the cars if the rain worsened.  We rode some local roads and were heading back to the parking lot when I hit a big pothole and got a flat.  D'oh!  I had just used my last tube on Thursday, too, but luckily one of the guys had a spare I could use.

We had only done about 9 miles when we got back to the cars, and they said they were going to go back out.  I decided to stay with them, because at that point I was too wet to go to the gym and I didn't want to waste my only chance for a workout.  We had gone 22 miles by the time we circled back to the parking lot again, and that was enough for me.  They were going to go out for 10 or 15 more, but I was soaked, sleepy, still stuffy, and I just wanted to go home.  When I got back to my car, I also realized that my tire was still (or again) leaking air, so I guess it's good I called it quits when I did.

So, it was a pretty miserable morning, and not worth the $20 I don't think.  Though I did manage to get an hour-and-a-half done, so it wasn't all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment