Thursday, June 16, 2011

Back on Track

I made it to the gym this morning for a strength class.  It was perfect because it got me there at a specific time, plus it was fun to try something different!  After a haircut, I gathered up my stuff and headed out for a couple more workouts.  First up: a bike ride on the trail.  I rode south out of Loveland, heading to Milford and Bishop's bike shop, where I wanted to take a look at a Fuji TT bike they have on sale.  On the way, though, my phone rang.  It was my BFF, who I haven't had a chance to talk to in a long time, so I chatted with her as I rode.  But then it started raining, lightly at first, but then pretty hard, with thunder and lighting overhead.  Riding and talking in the rain was a bit too much, so I pulled over and waited it out under a tree while I talked to my friend.  The storm passed quickly, I got off the phone, and resumed my ride.  I made it to the shop, saw the bike, and headed back.  Then I hit a branch on the trail and got a flat tire.  It took me awhile to change it, too, because I was having trouble getting the tire back on the rim.  And... by then, it was too late for a swim, too, so I just headed home.  Still, not a completely unsuccessful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment