Monday, June 6, 2011

Strong Start!

I never did do my second strength session last week, but with my extra biking, I still got 7:05 in compared with the 7:30 on my schedule.  Not too shabby!  Still, I have even higher hopes for this week since I'm off work for the most part and have plenty of time and a great plan in place.  (This includes scheduling other appointments and things every afternoon/evening so that I have to get my workouts done early.)

This morning, I started with an hour-long speed play run.  Which I got done JUST in time for my bonus 4-hour work shift.  This afternoon, I headed to the pool for an hour-and-fifteen-minute, 2-mile swim.  Here's what I did:

Warm-up
1 x 300  Swim
3 x 100  Pull - Breathe-3, 4, 5, 6 x 25
2 x 150  Kick - Choice, w/fins

Main Set
1 x 400  Free - Pace
2 x 300  Free - Pacce
3 x 200  Free - Pace
4 x 100  Free - Pace

Cool-down
1 x 300  Drills/easy (w/fins)

So proud of myself for getting both workouts done today, even though I had lots of errands and chores to do, too!  Now to just keep up the momentum as the week progresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment