Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday, Monday

Foot was still hurting and I stayed up too late again, so no running this morning.

All day I was researching barefoot running and thought I might give it a try.  So tonight at the gym on the treadmill I ran a bit shoe-less.  It actually felt much better than running in shoes right now with my PF acting up, though after awhile the bottoms of my feet were getting tender.  I put the shoes back on and ran a little more, but that hurt my heel more, so I took them off to finish up.  It wasn't a great workout since I was super slow and focused only on my feet, but it was just an experiment.  I'm wondering if minimalist shoes would allow me to run more naturally but still protect my feet from the surfaces I'm running on...

After that, I headed down to the pool for a form workout.  Here's what I did:

Warm-up
1 x 400  Swim
1 x 200  Pull - B-3, 4, 5, 6 x 50
1 x 200  Kick - Choice, w/fins

Main Set
8 x 25    Catch-up drill
1 x 200  Free - pace
8 x 25    Fist drill
1 x 200  Free - pace
8 x 25    Thumb-to-thigh drill
1 x 200  Free - pace
8 x 25    Fingertip drag drill
1 x 200  Free - pace
16 x 25  Balance and rotation drill (L stroke/L breathe, L stroke/R breathe, R stroke/R breathe, R stroke/L breathe x 25)
1 x 200  Free - pace

Cool-down
1 x 200  Easy

The best part of my workout tonight: no crazy sinus pressure and nasal drippage!  Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment