Friday, June 3, 2011

Sleepy and sore...

I didn't have to work till 11:15 today, so I had plenty of time to sleep in a bit and still get my run in.  It was cooler out and I only had to go 45 minutes, so it was pretty easy, though my legs did feel a little heavy from lifting the other day.  Still, I survived, no problem. :-)  I kept my 3:1 ratio but tried a 1:30 run/0:30 walk pattern instead, just to see what that felt like.  It was good at first, but when I started hitting all my walk breaks on the uphills, 30 seconds wasn't quite long enough to recover before running again.  Still, I think I ended up doing the 2.6-mile loop in about 28:30 again, so similar to the other intervals I've been experimenting with.  Actually, I don't think I've noticed that any particular interval seems easier/better/faster.  The one day I tried 4:1 I felt really good, other days 2:1 seems hard.  I think it depends a lot more on the temperature, humidity, how tired I am, time of day, etc.  Oh, well, guess I can't go wrong then!

I was supposed to go lift tonight as well, but I was so tired during the second part of my shift today that I opted for a nap after work instead.  I might try to get it in on Sunday, but I have another 4-hour shift then, so I'm not sure if that'll work or not.  Gotta get some good sleep tonight, too, so I'm ready for my 2-hour bike and hopefully a swim tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment