Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beautiful!

This morning, I led my LTF Cycle Club ride, which was a little over 28 miles.  Took us a little less than 2 hours, with an average speed of just over 15 mph.  It was warm, but we started early so it wasn't bad.  We were also very fortunate to be pulling into a gas station for water and restrooms just as a short quick rain started.  It only lasted 5 or 10 minutes, though, and we were on our way.

When we got back to the gym, I pulled out the tuna salad wrap and apple I had packed in my new insulated lunch bag.  My frozen Nalgene bottle had barely begun to melt - I love my bag!  It'll be great for keeping me well-fed this summer even when I have to leave food in my hot car during workouts.  Yay!

It was close to noon when I finally made it out the pool, but the water and sun felt great.  The swim seemed more like a reward for the bike ride than like another workout.  LOVE it!  Here's what I did:

Warm-up
1 x 600  Swim/pull/kick x 200
1 x 200  Free - build x 50

Main Set
8 x 75    Free - Drill: catchup/fist/fingertip drag
2 x 500  Free - pace

Cool-down
1 x 200  Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment