Thursday, June 9, 2011

BUSY But Productive Day

I had originally planned to spin for an hour this morning, then take a barbell strength class.  But I was working in the kitchen too long and didn't make it to spinning.  I rushed to get to the gym for the strength class, but I didn't get there till just before it started, and it was way too crowded in the room by then.  So, I just lifted on my own instead.  I did a few more exercises than usual, and tried some shorter sets with higher weights.  Can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow!

After lifting, I went into the spinning room, thinking I would get my hour on the bike done, too.  But after one minute, I realized that there was no way I could spin for an hour, by myself, in the dark, with no music or anything.  So I figured I'd just go back this evening to take a class with a teacher I really like.  So much for a quiet evening at home, but I did really enjoy the class!  In addition, I chatted with the teacher about bikes and stuff after class, and got some good info on finding a TT/triathlon bike.  All in all, it worked out well!  And I'm learning that, for the most, part, it's better to spread my workouts out rather than trying to do two intense training sessions back-to-back.  Unless, of course, I've got a brick on the schedule. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment