Friday, June 24, 2011

Spin and Swim

Pretty straightforward:

Went to a 1-hour spin class but sort of did my own thing with speed step-ups.

Then I headed down to the pool.  It was pretty dark and really cold out, but I still wanted to swim outside.  I felt a little bad for the lifeguard who had to come out to supervise only me, bundled up in a sweatshirt and a towel around her legs, but I didn't feel quite as bad when other swimmers started to join me.  Here's what I did:

Warm-up
3 x 400    1st - swim, 2nd - pull, 3rd - kick
1 x 200    Drills (catch-up, fist, fingertip drag, thumb-to-thigh x 50)

Main set
1 s 1600  Swim

Cool-down
1 x 200    Easy

I sat in the sauna for 10 minutes before hitting the locker room, then I was off on a bunch of errands.  Glad to get my workouts done relatively early today, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment