Friday, June 17, 2011

Grrr...

Even though my plantar fasciitis had been giving me trouble earlier this week, I decided I needed to just get back out there.  I made it out to the trail this morning and did two-and-a-half easy three-and-one laps around the lake.  My foot felt fine while I was running, but it was pretty sore as soon as I got back home.  Then, after my WW meeting, I headed off to the gym for my second swim of the week.  I did an endurance workout, which was basically just hop in, swim a mile, take a quick drink, swim another mile, cool down, get out.  Then I also lay out in the sun for 10 or 15 minutes.  I had put sunscreen on my back and face, but that's it.  Later tonight, I realized that my arms were pretty red.  Why, oh, why can't I be smarter about the sun!  Anyway, it was a good workout, and my foot actually felt a little better afterward.  I stretched and iced it and it seems o.k., but I always struggle with knowing if I should take it easy or jump back in...

My biggest challenge today, though, has been how I've felt since my swim.  I've been sneezy, and my nose is all stuffy and runny, to the point where I literally have to blow my nose every minute.  This has happened before after a swim, but this has been much worse than normal.  Is it because of the weather?  Something I'm allergic to in the air or the water?  Or maybe because I swam miles at a time instead of shorter intervals/drills?  I'm not sure, but I REALLY hope that I feel better tomorrow because I have to lead a ride at 8:30.  At least if it doesn't rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment